REST Object Type Connector enables you to import objects from an external REST web service into M-Files as external objects. Connector supports both simple scenarios where objects should only be viewable within the M-Files client, but also the more complex ones where objects created, changed, or deleted in the M-Files client should be pushed back to the originating web service.
How to install #
Perform the following steps to install the connector:
- Open M-Files Admin.
- In the left-side tree view, expand the desired connection to M-Files Server.
- In the left-side tree view, expand Document Vaults.
- Still in the left-side tree view, right-click the document vault of your choice and select Applications from the context menu.
Result: The Applications window is opened.
- Click the Install… button
- Locate the application package stored on your computer and click Open
- Result: You are prompted to restart the document vault
- Click Yes at the prompt
- If you have open sessions in the selected vault, you are prompted to close any open sessions. Click Yes.
- After the application is installed, click License to install a license for the connector. Result: The Application License Management dialog is opened.
- Click the Install License… button.
- Locate the license file stored on your computer and click Open. Result: The License status section should now state that your license is valid.
- Click OK to close the Application License Management dialog.
- Click Close to close the Applications window.
REST Object Type Connector is now installed and should be listed in the Applications window.