Community

Connect with us and enhance your M-Files experience using Unitfly Toolkit for M-Files. Here’s how to get started.

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to export documents and the linked documents from the MDC?

Topic starter

Hi Folks

I have a question. Is there a way to download all documents from a class / view AND their linked documents on the metadata card? For an audit, my customer wants to give not just a set of defined documents, but also all documents linked from this document to another one via property.

Regards

Daniel

2 Answers
Topic starter

I had two ideas:

1. I put a boolean property "Documents for One Time Export" on the MDC and the EK Data Transfer does the export for all Documents this property is true. Still: How to get the property on the linked documents? I dont want to put it manually on all the linked documents.

2. I should to a class: "Export" which contains a list of documents (automaticly populated by defined export documents for customer x). Still: How to get the linked documents on the list?

Regards

Daniel

Hi @daniel-mislovic,

I would propose you try solving this use case with multiple rules.

1. rule - orchestrated rule triggered when document from CL.Bankbeleg, for example goes to a certain state. Orchestration rule would then contain 2 different rules:

1a. rule - Data Transfer rule which would export the document from CL.Bankbeleg

1b. rule - Property Operations rule which would set the boolean property "Documents for One Time Export" on the referenced documents from property "Dokumente (gefiltert)"

2. rule - Data Transfer export rule which would be triggered with the monitored properties condition (please see a screenshot with an example with property "Is template")

I hope I understood your use case and this suggestion does help you.

If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to ask.

Answer