Community

Connect with us and enhance your M-Files experience using Unitfly Toolkit for M-Files. Here’s how to get started.

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Extended property calculations

Topic starter

Hi,

i want to orchestrate some rules.
Documentation says they must be of type "Extended property calculations" (or some other).
Unfortunately there is no rule type "Extended property calculation"...

The regular "Property calculations" type doesn't work.
What am I to do?

6 Answers

Hi @thomas-reck,

when setting up orchestrated rules important steps are:

1. Rule that will be orchestrated needs to have an alias (if the alias is not visible at first, please change Configuration Mode to "Advanced")

2. You need to refresh the configuration for the rule to be visible in the Orchestrator

Regarding the naming of the module, Extended Property Calculations and Property Calculations are the same. We will update the name in the documentation.

Thank you for noticing!

Hi @thomah-reck,

as discussed on our call, I am posting the solution here as well...

1. Rule that will be orchestrated needs to have "Trigger type" set to "Orchestrated"

2. Rule that will be orchestrated needs to have an alias (if the alias is not visible at first, please change Configuration Mode to "Advanced")

3. You need to refresh the configuration for the rule to be visible in the Orchestrator rule

Topic starter

Thanks, Viktor.
Unfortunately that did not solve my problem.
I still have no rules that can be selected.
Did not work in my nor in customer environment.

Hi  @thomas-reck,

I am sorry to hear that.

Can you please check which Extension Kit version you are using? If adding the alias and refreshing the configuration did not work, my next guess would be to try to restart the vault if that is possible.

I tested with the 4.8.0. and got successful results (refresh, not restart):

Topic starter

Hi @viktorzagajski,

I am using 4.8.2.

Worked for me, thanks for Info!

Answer